Dwedit's Board

Enjoy the board

You are not logged in.

Announcement

User passwords may have been corrupted, if you can't log in, use the "Forgot Password" feature. If you still can't log in, contact me and I can try to manually reset your password.

#1 2008-09-07 12:21:00 am

Ninjamohawk

I hope I'm posting this in the correct forum (Goomba color help)

I'm using an EFA Linker II first off, and the frontend I'm using for flashing roms to it is the EFA Card simple client (v 1.0)

Okay.

So I downloaded the latest version of Goomba color and used Goomba front to compile a *.gba rom with it. (I set it to make the goomba_mb.gba as the output file)

I loaded 2 roms into/through it (The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages and Lufia) and I encountered a few problems. First off, the games didn't save. They saved when I turned the system off and then on again, but after I left it off for a few hours and came back, the saves were gone.

Also, Lufia was dreadfully slow, dunno if I'm doing something wrong there.

Any help would be awesome, as I'm completely new at all of this.

My other query is this: how do you back up saves from the games within the *.gba files? I know for regular GBA games my client has a thing to "back up" the save and then later on I can write it to the card, but if I had some 16 odd games in one *.gba compiled goomba rom, how would I keep an individual save for a game in that list?

Hope that makes sense. Sorry for all the bother.

#2 2008-09-07 1:11:41 am

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

Re: I hope I'm posting this in the correct forum (Goomba color help)

One way that works right now:
You need a copy of VisualBoyAdvance.

Open the compilation in VisualBoyAdvance, load the game inside the emulator.
Tools > Memory Viewer
Click the Save... button
Start = 02038000, size = 8000
and that should get an individual SRAM save out of goomba color.

Make sure you correctly give VBA the right save file, so it is able to load your saves.

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#3 2009-05-26 11:23:14 pm

Ninjamohawk

Re: I hope I'm posting this in the correct forum (Goomba color help)

hello again! :)

so after months of ignoring this, and just saying "oh well." to playing gb/c games on my gba I've decided to give it another go. I think I have a better handle on things now.

so I should have made my own goomba_out.gba file, first off. :P

anyways it's working great so far thought I'd drop in to give you some props for an awesome emulator. well done, mate.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer