Dwedit's Board

Enjoy the board

You are not logged in.

Announcement

User passwords may have been corrupted, if you can't log in, use the "Forgot Password" feature. If you still can't log in, contact me and I can try to manually reset your password.

#1 2008-10-29 5:00:01 am

marcuscw

Can someone explain the cheatfinder?

i really want to use the cheatfinder since gamegenie codes with pocketnes seem to be a bit of a pain. but i dont understand how it works. you have to compare the values or something. but there are like 1024 diffirent values. i played around with it and mario went flying, than he couldnt jump, and then he just disapeared. I just really want to have the P (always flying) permanent in Mario 3. Could someone explain how to do that?

#2 2008-10-29 8:46:13 am

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

Re: Can someone explain the cheatfinder?

This one's really easy to find.
Start by searching for Zero
Then run a little, and the new value is greater than the old value.
Then stop, and let the meter run down to zero.  Search for Zero again.
Then run it up a little, say new value > old value
Then max it out and say that the new value > old value

Should find addresses 03DD and 0515.

But then, you discover that there's one more counter, it's the Time Left In Air counter.  It may either be counting down or counting up.  Search for that one too.

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#3 2008-10-29 11:27:29 pm

marcuscw

thank you very much!! i tried something similiar but than mario just stayed in the air in the same x? position so thats probably the time left in air counter :p i'm gonna be cheatfindering on my train rides today, i'll let you know if i got it 2 work :D

Last edited by marcuscw (2008-10-29 11:28:34 pm)

#4 2008-10-30 4:25:42 am

marcuscw

w00h00 it worked! just a few questions cause i wanna get better at this. by searching for zero you mean "New Search" ? what i did: i chose new search, i ran so the meter went up a little and than than chose "new >old", stopt running, "new <old", ran till meter was full, "new >old", stopt runnin, "new <old", and than it was one of the 4 cheats left.
i than wanted to have a leaf all the time, so did the same but instead of runnin i picked up a leaf, "new >old", touched a goomba, "new <old", and after a few times there were 8 left or something.

is that the way to go? it didnt work with a star, i wanted to be permanent star, so i did new star, grabbed a star, "new >old", turned back to normal, "new <old", grabbed a star again, "new >old", etc. but it didnt work :S. also tried it when mario just touched a goomba, he gets a little see through, so i tried to get that permanent, but that didnt work either.

also, what is the New==Old for exactly? and one more thing. i get permanent P meter now. But I still cant fly permanently, when I'm up in the sky he'll still fall down after a while, do you know how to fix that? I tried flying, and do the New<old thing when falling down but with out succes.

thnx again!

#5 2008-10-30 8:30:30 am

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

Searching for Zero means to switch to "Compare With Number" mode, and set the number to 0, then see if new==0.

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#6 2008-10-31 5:24:41 am

Marcus

ah cool thnx. and is it possible to get permanent star?

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer