Dwedit's Board

Enjoy the board

You are not logged in.

Announcement

User passwords may have been corrupted, if you can't log in, use the "Forgot Password" feature. If you still can't log in, contact me and I can try to manually reset your password.

#1 2008-11-11 11:41:10 am

Brad

all pocketnes menus turned blank! PLEASE HELP!!

I am completely baffled as to how this could happen.  I have an f2a 2G ultra card and I use powerwriter v2.61 and have never had a problem flashing pocketnes menus using menu maker.  I flashed 4 menus to a flash card and all menus and all games worked perfect.  I had 800 plus roms but divided in 4 menus, everything worked great, all were under 252M.  Then, one day, I turn it on and it goes to the screen where you select menus like normal. I hit start, and nothing, blank screen.  I tried all the other menus, same thing.  So, I ereased the cart and loaded new menus and got the same result.  I then erased again, and loaded new menus using a different version of pocketnes, still nothing.  I thought maybe the card got corrupted somehow, but when i loaded an snes advance file, it worked perfect.  I then tried pogoshell with a few test roms and these worked, yet I cant keep save states.  (Im not familiar with pogo shell so Im sure its me).  I dont know how to use the latest version of pocketnes on pogoshell though (assumed you put pocketnes.gba in the pluggins file then rename to nes.bin but it doesnt work).  All I can get to work is pogones9.9 and it wont work with 800 roms and wont keep saves after i shut it off. 
Heres the really wierd part, in a last ditch effort to use menumaker again, i eraesed the cart and created a test menu with 6 roms and it worked.  I then added a second larger menu of 168M to the cart and when I selected either the previously created test menu or this new one, I got the blank screen again!!!   I eraesed again, and readded just the test menu to recreate my resluts, and now that wont even work!!
I thought if it was a glitch in a menu, recreating them would fix it and if it was a glitch in the cart, nothing should work....if it is a glitch in the cart, how can it just effect menumaker menus and nothing else??! and how can it just stop working one day when it worked perfect before?
I really hope someone has a suggestion, im stunned with this, especially since all my other f2a cards flashed in the same way, have always worked perfect.

#2 2008-11-11 1:20:45 pm

Brad

Re: all pocketnes menus turned blank! PLEASE HELP!!

I was messing around with it today and finally got all the menus to work again, though i cant figure out what i did different to fix it or why it happened in the first place.  All I did was make a test menu with 6 roms and kept flashing it to the card until it worked again (took like 4 trys), then i just kept adding in my bigger menus one by one and checking them.  In the end it all worked again but I still wish I could understand what the heck happened in the first place?????
anyone have any theories?

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer