Dwedit's Board

Enjoy the board

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome, fellow visitors from other websites!
Whenever you download a file, I'd appreciate it if you posted a nice "Thank You" message, then tell me which site you came from. Thanks.
- Dwedit

#1 2009-01-30 1:10:19 pm

bfr

Sprite Sheet

Some of your sprites here look pretty cool, and I'm interested in using them in a calculator game I'm going to make.  Is that OK (that's what they're there for, right)?  Just making sure. :P  I can list you in the credits

#2 2009-01-30 3:04:34 pm

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

Re: Sprite Sheet

Which sprites are you interested in?

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#3 2009-01-30 4:53:29 pm

bfr

I was thinking about using these.

And, actually, after taking another look, I could also use something like these and these, if it's OK.

Last edited by bfr (2009-01-30 4:59:13 pm)

#4 2009-01-30 7:37:16 pm

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

Those are the tiles and stuff made for DragonQuest Dungeon.  The tilemap tiles at the top were intended to be blurred horizontally for a cheap grayscale effect.
Are you more interested in the 3-frame animated monsters?

What are you planning on using these for?  I hope it's something interesting.

Also check out the little Scale2X demo I posted to UnitedTI and Maxcoderz.

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#5 2009-01-31 6:33:49 pm

bfr

I'm planning on using these for a 68K game in C.  I was originally thinking of making a large platformer (like Super Mario 68k), but I decided that I didn't have enough discipline to finish something like that, so I may do a much smaller platformer or some sort of fighting game (that would look somewhat like a platformer, except that you wouldn't be trying to travel anywhere, and would instead stay in the area and fight enemies), and I'd throw in a few extra features to make it more unique (for example, I'm thinking that I could have different, uh, "force fields" for different areas, like one with regular gravity, another that was more like being in a hurricane where characters would have more of a tendency to fly up and around instead of just falling down like with the gravity force field, etc.).  I don't want to get any hopes up though because there is a chance I may never finish it, or I finish it but it turns out to be really boring. :P

I'm more interested in 3-frame monsters, which would most likely be the enemies, and additional frames for the character the user controls (which would most likely use the Megaman sprites, and I might add more characters later).

And, Scale2X looks pretty nice.  There are many good 8x8 sprites lying around that I could use as 16x16 sprites.

EDIT: By the way, after working on it a little, here's a screenshot of a possible arena and some moving platforms: http://www.divshare.com/download/6457577-852

Last edited by bfr (2009-02-01 1:49:22 pm)

#6 2009-02-02 4:53:01 pm

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

You can go ahead and use them, but I really don't see how front view sprites would make any sense in any context other than an RPG fight, especially considering that these enemies come from the Dragon Warrior series.
The Megaman sprite is obviously Megaman of course...

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer