Dwedit's Board

Enjoy the board

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome, fellow visitors from other websites!
Whenever you download a file, I'd appreciate it if you posted a nice "Thank You" message, then tell me which site you came from. Thanks.
- Dwedit

#1 2009-03-04 12:03:36 am

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

Updated Flashes

I just updated several of the flashes, adding a Full Screen button, so now you can pretend that this site is Youtube.  The huge bottom bar has also been removed from all the flashes, now just a short seekbar remains.  The huge bottom bar ruined the ability to watch them in full screen anyway.
I also cleaned up some issues I had with JamezBond.  If you can tell which changes I made, I'll give you a cookie.  I also re-did the subtitles to Suzukisan, replacing the Pokemon names with the English versions.

Reminder: If you have a dual core CPU, and are using Flash in full screen mode, set your web browser to use only one CPU.  Bugs in flash player often cause it to freeze the video, while the audio still plays fine.

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#2 2009-03-13 5:37:43 pm

AB

Re: Updated Flashes

Good work.  I did always think that vertically tall swf was a weird ratio (1:1) in an era of widescreens.  I'm starting to go through my whole backend too and really organize things.  It's like fung shui, but for the web.  Thanks for alerting me about the 404 on my site.  My goal is to slowly squash each one of them.  I sent you a reply on ABS Forums.

Quote:
"Whenever you download a file, I'd appreciate it if you posted a nice 'Thank You' message, then tell me which site you came from. Thanks."

I came from the link in your flash file.  Probably JamezBond on ABS.  Might have been Suzukisan.

#3 2009-03-14 12:37:52 am

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

Here's a heads up, the home.comcast.net account has gone or will go bye-bye (hello WOW cable).  If there is still anything linked there, it won't work anymore.

While adding the Full Screen button to the flashes, I couldn't figure out how to get Flash Player to use the hardware accelerated mode, it never worked no matter what I tried.  In an era of 1680x1050 screens, it's kinda important to be able to rasterize the flash in a lower resolution, then use hardware scaling to bring it up to full screen.  But none of my attempts worked.  Instead, the full screen button just uses the regular slow full screen mode.

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#4 2009-03-15 5:37:38 pm

AB

What I did on my site is automatically detect if a person has a large resolution.  If they do, they are presented with icons under the flash to make the it bigger.  (For all resolutions it is in the menu.) The JavaScript multiplies the width and height by 1.2 when they click the button.

#5 2009-03-15 8:21:13 pm

Quietust

Dwedit wrote:

I also cleaned up some issues I had with JamezBond.  If you can tell which changes I made, I'll give you a cookie.

* Audio is much higher quality than it used to be.
* "Dude Error" now appears on top of the Wheaties box instead of on a black background.
* "Welcome to the end of the computer age!" no longer clips horribly. And I thought it sounded funnier that way.
* "MY PLANS FOR WORLD DOMINATION WILL BE COMPLETE! MWAHAHAHA!" is now white with black shadow instead of black.
* "MOTHER BRAIN IS MY MASTER" -> "MOTHER BRAIN IS YOUR MASTER"
* At the end, Dominatrix Link beats Ganon(s) more quickly.

* Quietust, QMT Productions
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.

#6 2009-03-16 2:44:41 am

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

The other two major changes:
* Cleaning up the JPEG artifacts and cutting out on 'red Japanese thingy' that attacks Portland
* Animating the Simpsons vs the Space Mutants background

And the ending wasn't changed at all, it just plays faster if your computer is faster since there's no streaming audio there.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer