Dwedit's Board

Enjoy the board

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome, fellow visitors from other websites!
Whenever you download a file, I'd appreciate it if you posted a nice "Thank You" message, then tell me which site you came from. Thanks.
- Dwedit

#1 2005-09-19 8:28:25 pm

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

There's now a news page for the site...

It used to be a separate page, but now it fetches messages from the board, and spits them out into a javascript file!  Now it can be integrated even into a static html website!

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#2 2005-09-19 9:15:23 pm

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

Re: There's now a news page for the site...

This post verifies that replies work fine :)

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#3 2005-09-19 9:41:32 pm

mudi
Website

Cool... it's all comment-able and stuff...

#4 2005-09-20 5:57:15 pm

Vash The Stampede
Website

Very cool.  Its always nice to see something new, but I'd prefer some flashes....

http://forums.reg-exp.org

It's a small, fun forum.  If you'd like an invite, e-mail me.

#5 2005-09-21 3:45:25 am

Indogutsu
SUCK UGLY COCKI
Website

You should have a Links page. It'd be interesting to see what sites you go to often.

"I've been playing a lot of Final Fantasy Tactics lately, trying to master all the jobs for my human characters, and it's even been showing up in my dreams. Last night I had a dream I was watching one of those stand-up shows on TV, and a comedian was doing a bit about, you guessed it, the battle on the roof of Riovanes Castle..." -Indo Tenbuki

"A pizza is worth a thousand words!" -Some penguin

#6 2005-11-12 12:51:35 am

mudi
Website

You might be able to make your frontpage news not dependent on javascript (since some people turn it off for security issues that probably don't exist).  You could try using an shtml file on your comcast page and using a server side include...  actually, I've never tried using an SSI to a remote server, I'm not sure if that works at all, and all of this is assuming that comcast's pages support shtml files in the first place.

Last edited by mudi (2005-11-12 12:52:22 am)

#7 2005-11-12 11:30:02 am

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

Comcast is static pages only.  They don't do anything server side.  The only way to get dynamic content is either with iframes, or with javascript.  Oh yeah, they also have "frontpage extensions" too and some other pre-fab server side stuff including counters.

#8 2005-11-14 11:31:33 pm

mudi
Website

Eww.  Most places I've seen support at least shtml, just because it basically does nothing useful except file includes.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer