Dwedit's Board

Enjoy the board

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome, fellow visitors from other websites!
Whenever you download a file, I'd appreciate it if you posted a nice "Thank You" message, then tell me which site you came from. Thanks.
- Dwedit

#1 2006-04-20 12:31:16 pm

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

Troubled Windows in ENGLISH!

Ever seen the classic Troubled Windows flash?  It's a classic flash movie featuring the all the OS Girls, which are hot anime-style girls which represent the different versions of Windows.  The flash is heavily randomized and fully interactive, and contains a cool Japanese song (Sakuranbo Kiss) from the game Colorful Kiss.  There are fake Japanese subtitles at the bottom of the screen.  You can click everywhere to make things happen.  All in a 7.5MB flash file!  Tons of content here.

Well, this is Troubled Windows in English!  Ironfrost did a fansubbed translation of the flash, except it was in video format, which lost all the awesome interactivity of the original.  So I took his translation, and grafted it on to the original flash!  The tools I used were a combination of KineticFusion, TextPad and Flash.  Now you can have an english version of Troubled windows with all the full interactivity!

So go click-happy and click everywhere on the screen!
7.5MB File.

Note: English lyrics are translations of the fake Japanese lyrics and do not match the song.

http://dwedit.org/troubledwindows/troub … glish.html

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#2 2006-04-21 12:51:14 pm

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

Re: Troubled Windows in ENGLISH!

Unsurprisingly, it appears the translation I used was complete and utter bullshit.

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#3 2006-04-21 10:18:07 pm

mudi
Website

Re: Troubled Windows in ENGLISH!

Fun stuffs!

Tried translating a bit of it myself, but I'm no good at it.  Give me one or two more semesters of Japanese class, then maybe...

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer