Dwedit's Board

Enjoy the board

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome, fellow visitors from other websites!
Whenever you download a file, I'd appreciate it if you posted a nice "Thank You" message, then tell me which site you came from. Thanks.
- Dwedit

#1 2008-05-23 8:05:38 am

jaffa_chunk

Goomba Colour Save Patch - Works With Pokemon Games

Hello there, I may have a solution to the save problems people have been facing with saving games in goomba colour! I came across this yesterday when I was fiddling around with goomba colour. I tryed the method I came across and it worked! :)

hopefully the same method will work for other people, ive made a guide to follow below, shouldent be too confusing! good luck! :D

This patch applies to GBA FLASH CARTS only

MAKE SURE YOU DO THESE STEPS BEFORE YOU SAVE THE GAME!

1. When you want to save the game you are playing, go into goomba colours menu by pressing L+R

2. Select SRAM from the menu and delete the SRAM file for the game you are playing, for example Pokémon yellow.

3. When you have done this, go back into the game and save.

4. After the game you are playing has successfully saved, go back into goomba colours menu by pressing L+R

5. From the menu select sleep, your screen will go blank, when this happens turn off the console.

6. And THAT’S IT! When you next turn on your console your save game should still be there and raring to go from where you left off!

Please note!

This patch only needs to be applied on the last game you play using goomba colour. For example, if you save in another game on goomba colour and then restart the emulator from goomba colours menu to play another stored game, if this is the last game you play, use the save patch on it.

All other games you save should be patched too, even if you just patch the last game you play using goomba.

#2 2008-05-23 8:09:40 am

jaffa_chunk

Re: Goomba Colour Save Patch - Works With Pokemon Games

sorrry the last bit should be "All other games you save should be automatically patched too, even if you just patch the last game you play using goomba."

#3 2008-05-23 11:27:13 am

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

I do not recommend doing this.

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#4 2008-05-24 10:43:05 am

jaffa_chunk

oh? why not?? ive tryed it and so far so good

#5 2008-10-26 8:26:35 am

jav

tit!

#6 2009-07-21 4:51:15 pm

pete1979

I know this project is kind of dead by now, however I really wish to see a saving feature for GBC games aswell. I'm owning a GB micro and I would love to play my old GBC games on it, however without saving it's kind of pointless :(

Will there be, besides all the NDS and other projects development, a final revision with this only issue left fixed? Is it very difficult to fix?

Thank you,
Pete

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer