Dwedit's Board

Enjoy the board

You are not logged in.

Announcement

User passwords may have been corrupted, if you can't log in, use the "Forgot Password" feature. If you still can't log in, contact me and I can try to manually reset your password.

#1 2009-09-11 3:00:19 pm

dhjohn

A question on SGB borders for Dwedit

First, I'd like to say that I love Goomba Color. I just recently started using it, and it works great for all my GB(C) needs on the DS.
I use it over Lameboy for two reasons, first, for most games, saving is automatic, in Lameboy I'd have to go into the menu and commit saves, something I'd often forget to do.

Now, onto the question:
I was wandering which of these would be most plausible (if either), and if you could point me in the right direction on them.
Basically, I am trying to get Goomba Color to have borders for non-SGB games. I figured there are two ways this could happen.
1) Patching the game itself to show them (honestly, I have no idea how hard this would be, as I'm unsure of how borders are displayed, whether there is a block of memory for them, or if its done through commands).
2) Adding functionality to Goomba Color to display a custom border. This to me seems like the better way to go about things. However, the source code is beyond me at the moment (I have very little assembly experience, and it seems most of the emulator runs in assembly.)

I'd still like to give this a go, as I think a lot of people would like the option. I was wandering if you wouldn't mind giving me a few tips on this (info on where to go in the source, or what to edit in the roms), or just flat out let me know that this is too large an undertaking.

Thanks for any help you can give,
~dhjohn

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer