Dwedit's Board

Enjoy the board

You are not logged in.

Announcement

User passwords may have been corrupted, if you can't log in, use the "Forgot Password" feature. If you still can't log in, contact me and I can try to manually reset your password.

#1 2006-12-19 8:08:12 am

Indogutsu
SUCK UGLY COCKI
Website

Slayers?

Lately I've been curious about the possibility of the project's completion in the future. It's great so far; a definite must-see for fans of Dwedit's earlier animutations. Even though it's unfinished, would it be okay to start a page about it on the Fanimutation Wiki, or do you want to keep it a secret?

"I've been playing a lot of Final Fantasy Tactics lately, trying to master all the jobs for my human characters, and it's even been showing up in my dreams. Last night I had a dream I was watching one of those stand-up shows on TV, and a comedian was doing a bit about, you guessed it, the battle on the roof of Riovanes Castle..." -Indo Tenbuki

"A pizza is worth a thousand words!" -Some penguin

#2 2006-12-20 10:36:49 pm

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

Re: Slayers?

I know I have to finish this one someday, and it will be finished someday!

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#3 2007-02-28 12:52:41 am

Guy

Dwedit's still alive? And making the same stuff nonetheless?? I am shocked, I was sure you'd 'moved on'.

[Rant about how you were my idol for a few years, bla bla, Jamez Bond is one of my all-time favorite flashes bla bla, I'm sure no one wants to hear this.]

I saw your Slayers demo in the other thread, and it's pretty good (especially considering I don't like animutations QUITE as much as I used to) but I'm going to go ahead and be a jerk and give my critique;

-What I liked about your original stuff was how they had stories (albeit suzukisan made it easy since it WAS just people talking) - wereas Jamez Bond had it totally shoved in out of nowhere, but it was more prominent than Suzukisan's and more interesting. I'm not telling you to disassemble what you have, but your preview had a lot left over for something like that to potentially fit in. That slayers girl or megaman were in more than a few parts, and could run something like this.

-Another thing I liked about the oldies were your use of backgrounds. You'd use more natural backgrounds with actual sceneary, and it seperate you from the people who's BG choices were limited to: Green gradient, Red gradient. Your new video has some of this more natural stuff, but less than I *remember*, at least from Jamez Bond(watched it today, which is how I ended up here). Again, I guess I'm kinda implying how much I like the storyline thing- since it works better with real BGs.

-This is more of a pet peeve of mine than anything else really: When the creator makes it really obvious what they're fans of, etc.
I saw this animutation reccently called Project: A.N.I.M.U.T.A.T.I.O.N, inside was so many Kids Next Door references I wanted to strangle the guy, I GET IT, YOU LIKE KIDS NEXT DOOR SHUT UP, GOD. especially when it's something obscure/hardly relevent to the animutation at all. Just know I'll wince when you add more South Park/Homestarrunner references. :/ (In all fairness, you did this stuff before, but with anime- which IMO fits in more)

You seem like you kinda map out your stuff beforehand...maybe... so I might be wasting my breath, again, I don't mean to be taken entirely seriouosly.

Dang, I came off as a humongous jerk. I guess someone who dosen't like animutation anymore would when trying to suggest what to change- especially since they're typically supposed to be from the creator alone. I'll be masking my name for at least this post in case the response I get isn't so awesome. Anyway, thanks for reading my wall of text.

#4 2007-03-22 3:15:13 pm

DD

The song in this flash is really catchy, and now I can't get it out of my head.  Where can I download it?

#5 2011-12-21 9:02:37 pm

Mikal

This needs to be Finished.. 10th year anniversary celebration of Suzikisan maybe?

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer