Dwedit's Board

Enjoy the board

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome, fellow visitors from other websites!
Whenever you download a file, I'd appreciate it if you posted a nice "Thank You" message, then tell me which site you came from. Thanks.
- Dwedit

#1 2016-09-01 10:05:56 am

nihlathak

Entire GB library loaded into Goomba and the EverdriveGBA

I've used Goomba Color Beta 12-12-2014 and Goomba Front to insert the entire GameBoy Classic No-Intro romset into the .GBA file. I've ended up with a file about 366MB which I've copied to my EverdriveGBA. When I try to load Goomba it loads until it hangs.

Since the EverdriveGBA is pretty new, I wanted to ask if there are known problems when you want to insert about every GB game there is or that this is more EverdriveGBA related.

#2 2016-09-01 10:40:55 am

Shugo

Re: Entire GB library loaded into Goomba and the EverdriveGBA

The EDGBA only has 32MB of ROM memory. 366MB is waaaaay too big, lol. Make a bunch of smaller Goomba ROMs that only contain a subset of GB ROMs instead, like maybe one alphabetical section (one for A, one for B, etc.).

#3 2016-09-01 10:50:11 am

nihlathak

Yeah, I thought so. Didn't even think about the ROM when I just stacked all those games in there. I'll give your suggestion a shot, thanks.

#4 2016-09-02 1:32:50 pm

nihlathak

I've managed to archieve my goal by patching each and every No-Intro GB(C) game with goomba.gba. Since there is only one ROM inserted into Goomba the game autostarts, acting like it's a normal ROM.

#5 2016-09-03 5:09:41 am

Floob

The Everdrive GBA now supports .gb/.gbc/.nes files nativly. No need to patch, they can just be copied directly like the .gba files.
http://krikzz.com/pub/support/everdrive … gelist.txt

#6 2016-09-03 6:16:31 am

nihlathak

Floob wrote:

The Everdrive GBA now supports .gb/.gbc/.nes files nativly. No need to patch, they can just be copied directly like the .gba files.
http://krikzz.com/pub/support/everdrive … gelist.txt

I noticed the update and am using it right now. Much better solution :)

#7 2016-09-03 8:25:43 am

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

I didn't know they made an Everdrive GBA, sounds just like the other flash cartridges that already exist and were discontinued years ago.
Does it do anything that the M3 didn't do?

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#8 2016-09-04 12:56:42 am

Shugo

Dwedit wrote:

I didn't know they made an Everdrive GBA, sounds just like the other flash cartridges that already exist and were discontinued years ago.
Does it do anything that the M3 didn't do?

It doesn't really do anything -new-, but it does do everything -better- than the various Chinese flashcarts of Ye Olden Days.

No cumbersome client or janky OS; it's all drag-n-drop with no patching and the OS is sweet and simple. Compatibility is extremely high and load times are lightning fast. Has an RTC with user replaceable battery (no soldering). Power consumption is far lower than other flashcarts; it uses about the same power as an official cart.

It's pretty much perfect, at least in my opinion. Built-in PocketNES and Goomba support is just icing on the cake (since prebuilt PocketNES/Goomba ROMs already worked fine). Not trying to sound like a shill, but after years of suffering through the many problems of the M3 Lite and EZ-Flash IV, this thing is like a dream.

#9 2016-09-06 10:33:17 pm

JimmyZ

but it sticks out a bit :(

#10 2017-01-29 9:54:14 pm

r0ni

It may stick out a bit but on my sp I hardly notice its there. Best flash cart I've bought and is giving me 3 generations of gb games to play all on one cart. My old trusty f2a doesn't hold a candle to this bad boy. It's worth every penny!

#11 2017-03-04 9:05:55 pm

DeGamer

nihlathak wrote:

I've managed to archieve my goal by patching each and every No-Intro GB(C) game with goomba.gba. Since there is only one ROM inserted into Goomba the game autostarts, acting like it's a normal ROM.

How did you batch patch all those roms so quickly?

This EverdriveGBA is amazing. No GBA flash cart I've seen in the past can even begin to compare to it. I'm very tempted to buy one but, the cart sticks out and I have a GBA SP. If I had a regular GBA or even a GBA micro then I wouldn't care if the cart sticks out.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer