Dwedit's Board

Enjoy the board

You are not logged in.

Announcement

User passwords may have been corrupted, if you can't log in, use the "Forgot Password" feature. If you still can't log in, contact me and I can try to manually reset your password.

#1 2017-12-20 9:50:57 am

JB0531

PunchOut on pocketnes

Hello
I recently discovered this whole world of PocketNES .  The only games I am having issues with are Mike Tysons Punch out , and a homemade tecmo bowl game from Tecmobowl.org (uploaded) Can anybody anybody please help if there is any .  I cant get the Rom to run without garbled graphics . Is there any resolve that anyone knows of? I put the tecmo bowl game up for testing if anyone can figure that out.

Thank you anyone in advance (no pun intended)

#2 2017-12-20 11:57:44 am

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

Re: PunchOut on pocketnes

PocketNES still doesn't emulate MMC5 features beyond partial Castlevania 3 support.
MMC2 (Punch Out) is weird, since it wants to perform bankswitching in the middle of the frame on two sides, which doesn't map very neatly to the GBA's scanline-by-scanline rendering.  It could be done with Windowing, but would take a while to implement.

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#3 2017-12-20 2:24:22 pm

JB0531

While it was not the answer I was looking for . It is the answer LOL..  Thank you for taking the time to explain it just wont work. I looked all over to find out weather or not it would . This helps me so no more time is wasted on the matter. Great board you have here and very helpful again thank you so much.

#4 2017-12-20 2:25:40 pm

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

You could try using a much older version of PocketNES, which has better support for Punch Out.  When I did the big rewrite, I didn't complete working on MMC2, but there is something there in the older versions.  Still glitchy though.

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer