Dwedit's Board

Enjoy the board

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome, fellow visitors from other websites!
Whenever you download a file, I'd appreciate it if you posted a nice "Thank You" message, then tell me which site you came from. Thanks.
- Dwedit

#1 2005-06-15 8:58:03 am

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

Beating Super Mario 64 with 16 stars!

http://www.archive.org/details/Mario64_16stars_2056
I knew you could mess around with the bunny, but never guessed you could use it to walk thru walls!

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#2 2005-07-12 4:08:36 pm

Un-J
NO PICTURE FOR ME
Website

Re: Beating Super Mario 64 with 16 stars!

okay, so i've tried it, i can use the bunny alright, took a couple tries, but i can't do that running step thing.

what is that!?

#3 2005-07-12 11:32:19 pm

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

It might require a turbo controller for all I know, never tried doing that Ya-ya-ya-ya-yahoo stairs thing.

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#4 2005-07-13 7:40:04 am

sarvana

There is a way to see Yoshi with 0 stars, but I am not sure how to do it.

#5 2005-07-13 9:18:26 am

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

I've seen that, just do properly placed and timed jumps against the green hills outside.
Saw it on David Wonn's unique video game glitches...

#6 2005-07-26 5:30:08 am

Rhete

I finally got around to watching this, very impressive.  Its so weird how he goes through so much time to get the 2nd bowser key, then just crazy backwards ya-ya jumps through the rest of the doors.  I wonder why you cant just do that to the first door that leads upstairs and beat the game with no stars!

#7 2005-07-26 4:50:05 pm

Quietust

Rhete wrote:

I wonder why you cant just do that to the first door that leads upstairs and beat the game with no stars!

It's probably because those stairs aren't long enough - in order to do that trick, you need to get a significant "running start".

* Quietust, QMT Productions
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.

#8 2005-07-26 7:12:08 pm

RandomFerret
Website

This reminds me of Sonic Adventure. The fact that all the characters' levels share the same stage lets you glitch the HELL out of it. I've managed to get pretty much every character into every other character's stages. Try this one, it's pretty easy to do: Play Tails' last stage, and at the second or third checkpoint (I forget which, it's inside a building), you're supposed to go from there into a big round atrium thing. If you land on the edge of that, you can get onto a piece of highway from sonic's level. Hit the zip strips to zoom into the air, and fly to the left (or right, I forget which again). You'll see a building with some rings on a ledge. Try to land on it, and you'll fall right through, into a room. Run to the end, and you'll be in the glass-breaking scene from sonic's level! Here's the REALLY awesome part. Restart. You'll be at the scene again, only now there's no race meter!  Tails can't run down the side of the building, but he freefalls fast enough. Reach the end, and get ready to say "Holy shit." Walk through the doors. You're now in At Dawn. You can reach every part of Knuckles' level this way, but it won't end until you stomp on the capsule from Sonic's. When you hit it, you will.. die? Yes, Robotnik will laugh and say he won, and when you restart, instead of getting a second chance to play around, you'll fall right through the ground

I've got tons more stuff, if you want to hear it, but that's probably the coolest one.

#9 2005-07-26 9:52:39 pm

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

WOW.

#10 2005-07-26 11:12:38 pm

Vash The Stampede
Website

Dwedit wrote:

I've seen that, just do properly placed and timed jumps against the green hills outside.
Saw it on David Wonn's unique video game glitches...

That site is amazing.  I'll never be able to play video games the same again.

http://forums.reg-exp.org

It's a small, fun forum.  If you'd like an invite, e-mail me.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer