Dwedit's Board

Enjoy the board

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome, fellow visitors from other websites!
Whenever you download a file, I'd appreciate it if you posted a nice "Thank You" message, then tell me which site you came from. Thanks.
- Dwedit

#1 2005-08-07 10:03:29 pm

thac0nfus3done

Pogoshell Question

I have searched for the answers to my questions and ended up here. I know you know quite a bit about GBA programming so I was wondering if you could help me out once again dwedit.
I have an EZF Advance III 256 meg cart, and I use the software provided by that same cart to upload the games to my cart. I have no trouble uploading the rom prepared by the batch file, but that is not where my problem occurs.

I have two problems. The first being this: when I run pogoshell on hardware and I try to run any file with the .gba extension it returns me to the main .root menu. The same as it does on the visual boy advance emulator. (It seems as if it doesnt know where to go so it goes to the begining of the cart).

My other problem is that when I save NES game files it does not actually save them. They don't get an SRAM file, and they don't allow me to use the saves I created. I'm not sure if this will be a problem with the GBA roms as well because I haven't been able to run one yet.

Thank you very much to whoever helps me out.

Oh by the way dwedit, if you ever have the need, I'd be willing to mirror any flash movie or other file you'd like.  Just send me a message at this board.

~ thac0nfus3done

#2 2005-08-07 10:35:50 pm

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

Re: Pogoshell Question

Go get the newest pogoshell SVN beta version from somewhere.  Supposedly, it supports the EZ3.
Older versions only support F2A and XROM.

http://blake.prohosting.com/wulfie66/pogowip.zip

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#3 2005-08-08 11:53:24 am

thac0nfus3done

Re: Pogoshell Question

Thanks alot Dwedit, you truly are a jack of many trades. How do you do it?

EDIT: Hey Dwedit, I tested out that WIP of Pogoshell. The EZ3 GBA batch produces faulty roms.  They go straight to a white screen instead of ever going to the file manager. I went to troubleshoot and looked at all the pogoshell gba files. (ie  pogo_xrom.gba, pogo_ez3.gba) I ran each of them in VBA and found that all of them went to a black screen (as expected) except pogo_ez3.gba, which went to a white screen. I'm guessing whoever made this WIP did something wrong to the ez3 shell.  (Pardon my lack of knowledge about the subject I'm trying my best to describe my situation)

Last edited by thac0nfus3done (2005-08-08 1:14:27 pm)

~ thac0nfus3done

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer