Dwedit's Board

Enjoy the board

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome, fellow visitors from other websites!
Whenever you download a file, I'd appreciate it if you posted a nice "Thank You" message, then tell me which site you came from. Thanks.
- Dwedit

#1 2005-11-14 7:38:03 pm

Enzo

a trivial question...

I know you dan, you've always been interested in TI (texas instruments) and I work with crypto stuff from NI (National Instruments.)  I was wondering if you know if they are the same company.  I'm not just talking to dan, but to all the TI ninja programmers out there.   I've worked with NI equipment  for some time, and we integrate a lot of their products into our equipment.  I was wondering if any TI ninja's  might of seen any correlation between TI and NI and if so, what are the similarites they share.  I've done some work but being that you guys immerse yourselves in their stuff that maybe they have a common ground. I'm just curious...  thanks for your time.

TI's website : www.TI.com

NI's website : www.NI.com

#2 2005-11-14 8:25:34 pm

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

Re: a trivial question...

I have no clue.  Doesn't look like they're related.  TI has been around since the 30's, and they had the amazing Jack Kilby who invented the microchip.
And if you want TI ninja programmers, go to maxcoderz.com instead.  No ninja TI programmers here but me.
Lately I've been doing much more stuff on the GBA, specifically hacking some crappy $25 device to emulate lots of console systems.

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#3 2005-11-14 10:17:15 pm

Enzo

Cool, I jsut browsed myself, and it could be a similarity.  I have to dig deeper... cause I have 9 months left in the corps.. and if i can, I wanna milk TI and NI for some good equipment.  Any information is good information.

#4 2005-11-14 11:28:37 pm

mudi
Website

So is that what the eventual goal is for the SMS speedhacking, SMS/Gamegear emulation on the GBA?  That could be fun, and probably less battery consuming than the original gamegear.

Last edited by mudi (2005-11-14 11:28:55 pm)

#5 2005-11-15 10:56:22 am

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

There's already an SMS/GG emulator on the GBA.  I'm just speedhacking games to make them run faster.

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#6 2005-11-16 8:17:54 pm

mudi
Website

Yeah, that's what I meant... I don't actually own a GBA, but I played a few emulators on a friend's GBA quite a while ago... I just remember most things being unbearably slow.

Last edited by mudi (2005-11-16 8:18:15 pm)

#7 2005-11-16 8:20:02 pm

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

That would be the case if you were messing around with the SNES emulator.  NES, Gameboy, and SMS are all really fast.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer