Dwedit's Board

Enjoy the board

You are not logged in.

Announcement

User passwords may have been corrupted, if you can't log in, use the "Forgot Password" feature. If you still can't log in, contact me and I can try to manually reset your password.

#1 2008-08-16 11:57:46 am

morbid27

Pocketnes Updates since 9.96 Source For NESDS Help

Hey Dwedit I mostly fixed the scrolling issues with nesds it still flickers but not as bad.
Is there a way you could demo a file that has the updates you think i could put in nesds to fix most games that work with pocketnes instead of nesds. I've looked through the source of both and know it well but i think that asking you to point the updates out in maybe a text file would help, I am able to add them in i think if you could just rip parts from the files and label them and i could add them in please and thanks. Hopefully this would only take a few minutes.

6502.s
ppu.s
cart.s
io.s
memory.s

Last edited by morbid27 (2008-08-16 12:00:24 pm)

#2 2008-08-16 12:18:44 pm

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

Re: Pocketnes Updates since 9.96 Source For NESDS Help

Tried Winmerge?

Anyway, Right now I'm working on rewriting massive chunks of pocketnes.

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#3 2008-10-16 8:32:42 pm

Calculon64

morbid27 wrote:

Hey Dwedit I mostly fixed the scrolling issues with nesds it still flickers but not as bad.
Is there a way you could demo a file that has the updates you think i could put in nesds to fix most games that work with pocketnes instead of nesds. I've looked through the source of both and know it well but i think that asking you to point the updates out in maybe a text file would help, I am able to add them in i think if you could just rip parts from the files and label them and i could add them in please and thanks. Hopefully this would only take a few minutes.

6502.s
ppu.s
cart.s
io.s
memory.s

Are you working on a nesDS variant?

#4 2008-10-16 8:34:17 pm

Calculon64

Dwedit wrote:

Tried Winmerge?

Anyway, Right now I'm working on rewriting massive chunks of pocketnes.

Are you talking about PocketNES for DS?

By the way did you read my message at Pocket Heaven?

Take care

#5 2008-10-21 11:10:40 am

morbid27

I was working on adding in the updates of PocketNes to Nesds and did get a list of addable updates comparing with winmerge. I gave up on this when Dwedit announced that he was working on reporting it since if you took a look at the source of NesDS its just not taken well care of. Anyways this was something i put myself up to to learn coding I am busy with work now and would feel that Dwedit would be better to take care of the project. (Still don't know how its coming along)

Dwedit: wrote:

http://boards.pocketheaven.com/viewtopic.php?t=6583

In case anyone cares, I'm re-porting pocketnes to the DS now...

not_nesds.png

It's drawing the screen at PocketNES GBA screen positions and scaling
Does not extend to all NDS 192 scanlines
No sound yet
Haven't yet added the GBAMP code back in

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer