Dwedit's Board

Enjoy the board

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome, fellow visitors from other websites!
Whenever you download a file, I'd appreciate it if you posted a nice "Thank You" message, then tell me which site you came from. Thanks.
- Dwedit

#1 2005-03-12 5:36:36 pm

PK Rockin'

Fooly Cooly/FLCL/Furi Kuri

01c343.giflogo.gif01c062.gif

Has anyone seen this random wacky anime? It's so awesome and short! To those who don't know, it's about a boy named Nandaba Naota (12) who lives in the quiet boring town of Mabase. There he hangs out with a highschool drop-out named Samejimi Mamimi (17) underneath a bridge in the river runoffs.

Everything was going fine until a eccentric woman named Haruko hit Naota one day with a 1961 SS (I think...) Vespa. Then AGAIN, with her Rickenbacker bass guitar. From there on when he gets home, he grows a strange square horn, where the conflict continues to arise when he goes downstairs...

---

Sorry if you found the description boring, it's just that there's so much to it. The anime is 6 episodes long (OVA. Yeah...) and the whole thing was digitally animated, that's why the it looks so fresh, bold, and new.

a905d105.jpg
mushroom.pngYOU'VE BEEN MASHROOMNIZED!!!

#2 2005-03-13 8:52:23 pm

Un-J
NO PICTURE FOR ME
Website

Re: Fooly Cooly/FLCL/Furi Kuri

you know, i know almost nothing about anime, but a friend showed me that cartoon.

I remember the character went into a room, and from there it went into manga style and was all frame by frame like a comic strip which was kind of interesting.

I don't know, i've heard people calling this really wierd and bizarre, but too me, i don't know. I didn't find it as wacky as other things have been.

Who knows, maybe i'm just out of the loop. :)

#3 2005-03-14 12:16:09 am

leofox

it can be as weird as Excel Saga or the Excel Saga spin-off Puni Puni Poemy...

#4 2005-03-14 12:31:29 am

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

The way it was released on DVD is pure wallet murder.

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#5 2005-03-14 5:32:13 am

PK Rockin'

Yeah. It's better than it was in Japan though. Since there were six episodes, they released them individually on DVD!

a905d105.jpg

#6 2005-03-16 2:33:40 am

Un-J
NO PICTURE FOR ME
Website

PK Rockin' wrote:

Yeah. It's better than it was in Japan though. Since there were six episodes, they released them individually on DVD!

*smirks* really? what's the point?

#7 2005-03-16 9:36:03 am

RandomFerret
Website

I have still never seen this anime, although I am aware of it, and if it's anything like Excel Saga I like it already.

I've seen furry curry before, though. You should really arrange the things in your fridge so that nothing winds up being hidden in the back for months.

#8 2005-03-16 2:24:19 pm

PK Rockin'

Un-J wrote:
PK Rockin' wrote:

*smirks* really? what's the point?

It's pretty obvious the DVDs cost more than here. I think they were about $20 each. They also included these awesome wallscrolls.

a905d105.jpg

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer