Dwedit's Board

Enjoy the board

You are not logged in.

Announcement

User passwords may have been corrupted, if you can't log in, use the "Forgot Password" feature. If you still can't log in, contact me and I can try to manually reset your password.

#1 2005-07-27 6:19:01 pm

RandomFerret
Website

The PSP is the ultimate handheld, in spite of Sony's best efforts.

At any given time, there is a Sony executive wondering what the hell he was thinking when he went along with the idea to allow downloaded programs to run on the PSP right out of the box.

I mean, I was big in the Dreamcast homebrew scene, and the PSP has already outshone it in every aspect. Emulators (SCUMMVM is the best one out there, but the PS1 one is looking rad), apps (Flash Player coming soon! Squeee!) and just plain decyphering everything the little thing does (Multiplayer homebrew games use the IR port, ahead of any official developer.)

I guess what I'm trying to say is... Resistance is not only futile, it's silly. I want to see what you can come up with, DW!

#2 2005-07-27 6:43:24 pm

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

Re: The PSP is the ultimate handheld, in spite of Sony's best efforts.

The DS has homebrew too... SnesDS... *drools...*

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#3 2005-07-29 6:51:21 am

Rhete

If they can get Flash Player and Cave Story running on PSP, I'd consider buying one.  But I probably still would'nt.  It still just seems like a tiny laptop that eats batteries

#4 2005-07-30 9:19:06 am

mudi
Website

Just get a used Sony Palm... except the flash player on those never quite worked right, so I guess don't.  I never tried an animutation on one, since I had one in the days before Hyakugojyuuichi had been revealed to me... but I know that even a simple SBEmail wouldn't load on it  :X

#5 2005-07-31 5:52:00 pm

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

Flash movies work perfectly on a pocketpc.

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#6 2005-07-31 9:10:36 pm

mudi
Website

Unfortunately, Pocket PC's are often 2-3 times as expensive as palms.  Bah.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer