Dwedit's Board

Enjoy the board

You are not logged in.

Announcement

User passwords may have been corrupted, if you can't log in, use the "Forgot Password" feature. If you still can't log in, contact me and I can try to manually reset your password.

#1 2005-12-08 12:30:41 pm

Hyperganon

NES on GBA emulation

I've been interested in playing NES ROMs on an actual GBA for some time now, but all the articles I read are really complicated, and I don't know where to start. Can anyone help me out?
Where do I buy Flash Cards? Do any walk-in stores sell them?
Is it worth it to play NES ROMs on a GBA? I'm a big NES gamer, but I'm still a bit intimidated.

#2 2005-12-10 2:26:48 pm

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

Re: NES on GBA emulation

I think you're best off going to pocketheaven.com's boards and asking there.  Remember, they ban you for any form of rom request.
Anyway, if you want to be cheap, get a GBA Movie Player.  Its NES playing abilities are limited by the amount of RAM in the GBA however.  Best if you already have Compactflash cards (some noobs can't tell Compactflash from Secure Digital).
If you want the full experience, get a flash cartidge.  I don't know what the best one is these days, just avoid anything with a rechargable sram battery or real time clock.  Go ask about it on pocketheaven.
Then there's always the Supercard... nice if you don't mind twice the battery consumption.

If you live in USA, buy them from Jandaman.com and save big on the shipping.  $3 shipping beats $20 anyday.

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#3 2005-12-11 12:16:57 pm

Hyperganon

Thanks. I'll give PocketHeaven a try.

#4 2006-01-03 2:41:33 pm

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

Now you can go get the Movie Player, now that I've made the emulator just plain rule.

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer