Dwedit's Board

Enjoy the board

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome, fellow visitors from other websites!
Whenever you download a file, I'd appreciate it if you posted a nice "Thank You" message, then tell me which site you came from. Thanks.
- Dwedit

#91 2007-11-11 2:48:32 pm

Mythos

Re: Goomba Color Alpha Testing

Hello.
I'm having trouble with saving in Pokemon Yellow.
I'm running it on a GBA SP with a EZFA III flash card with Alpha #6, but it won't save correctly, neither with VBA.
I was hoping if someone could clearly tell me what i have to do to get the saves working.
Thanks in advance!

#92 2007-11-12 2:47:55 pm

Orpheus

Check the rom with GoodGBx, if it doesn't save in VBA there is a good chance it is a bad dump.

#93 2007-11-13 1:25:01 pm

Mythos

The original rom works fine with VBA creating 32k save file, while the emulated rom file creates a 64k save file.
Also the emulated rom creates a save file at startup while the original rom creates it only when it gets to the game menu.

Scan from GoodGBx: "7d527d62 Pokeyellow"

Oh, and i opened saves of the emulated and the original rom after saving at the begining with a HEX editor.

The emulated had some symbols then the word "POKEMON YELLOW" and then few other symbols and the rest was 00s.
The original had some symbols with 00 in between, the rest was FFs.

Thanks!

PS: Is an Alpha build worse or better than Beta build, Dwedit?

#94 2007-11-13 3:01:53 pm

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

A later build is better than an earlier build.

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#95 2007-11-17 5:03:58 pm

Orpheus

Hey, how's the development going? I know you have your own life, I am not hurrying for a release.

I am really just curious if you have any ideas on the graphics issues with Pokemon Crystal. Plus a sneak preview of what we might expect in a future release would be cool.

#96 2007-11-18 8:15:54 am

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

The last time I touched the goomba color code was when I fixed the "monster max" bug, then experimented replacing the yellow palette with a "Pea Soup" palette.  Which was several months ago.
It's hard to think of what needs changing, all the low hanging fruit has been taken, now only hard stuff is left.

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#97 2007-11-21 4:11:28 pm

Sir Spanky

The best new update would be to reintroduce save states :)

#98 2007-12-08 11:59:33 am

juliobbv

Hi dwedit!

Thanks for your emulator! I've completed Wario Land 3 100% when Goomba Color alpha 6 was just released and I'm glad it didn't freeze nor did have problems that made the game unplayable. I have followed GBC emulation from the start of Goomba Color to these days and and seen more and more improvements to come! Back when GCa6 was released, WL3 had mild to moderate slowdown when many enemies were on the screen, some layering issues and the colored border that was somewhat annoying, but with the latest WIP all of the problems were fixed, except of the slowdown.

You have done an excellent job, even if the GBA isn't powerful enough to run the game at 100% speed at all times. I still remember when was said that GBC emulation wasn't practical enough to be done on the GBA. Emulation on the GBA has always surprised me and I wonder how can you make emulators that run so efficient. Sadly, emulation on the DS isn't as polished as on the GBA when it comes to features and compatibility. Have you progressed with Goomba Color DS just for a proof of concept release?. This emulator, along with Lameboy would satisfy my GBC gaming needs. Sorry if I'm being pushy but I'm excited and happy to see something fresh in the DS emulation scene. Congrats again and thanks for your dedication.

Greeting from Mexico,
Juliobbv.

#99 2007-12-17 1:28:32 pm

Oisin

Hi dwedit!

juliobbv wrote:

Have you progressed with Goomba Color DS just for a proof of concept release?. This emulator, along with Lameboy would satisfy my GBC gaming needs... Congrats again and thanks for your dedication.

I second that. Can't wait to play all my old games on my DS. I've already got Doom and have downloaded the Duke Nukem & ROTT ports, but there's alot I mean A LOT of GBC games I'd like to dig into.

Thankyou for helping bring joy to a lot of people.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer