Dwedit's Board

Enjoy the board

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome, fellow visitors from other websites!
Whenever you download a file, I'd appreciate it if you posted a nice "Thank You" message, then tell me which site you came from. Thanks.
- Dwedit

#61 2008-05-23 7:01:27 pm

Brad

Re: Pocketnes BETA! (3-18-08)

First of all, GREAT job on this build!!! its running faster and better than ever!   Ive tested many games and noticed some problems on a few.  Any of these fixes would be iceing on the cake and I am more than happy with the way things stand now, but I just thought you should know.  The only game I really wish would work is tecmo nba basketball.  I know it has never worked on any version of pocketnes so it must be difficult to fix, but it would be great if it were possible.  In addition to tecmo nba, here is a list of some others I found:

armadillo (J) - bad glitches
day dreamin davy - no sprites
devil man (J) - broken
eliminator boat duel - no sprites
goal two - glitched field
pinbot -glitched on movement from top to bottom
pro sport hockey - broken (would be great to have this one to)
Ys 3 (J) - broken  (ys 1 and 2 work perfect)
r c pro am - no sprites (worked ok in 9.8)
roundball 2x2 challenge - court glitches
star wars (J namco) - broken
stunt kids - no sprites (top screen)
uchuu keibitai  (J)- broken
wai wai world 2 (J) -broken

thats all I found, again, great job!!!!

#62 2008-05-23 7:48:03 pm

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

Wai Wai World 2 works fine.  Double check your rom, make sure it's not the stupid FFE hack version (mapper 6?), and make sure it's proper VRC6 (mapper 21).

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#63 2008-05-27 5:36:48 pm

nickerous

Awesome release!  I was surprised to find someone still working on this.  Just a side note:

Mike Tyson's Punchout is a good bit slower than 9.98.  Also, can't remember if this was in 9.98 or not, but Ninja Gaiden has lots of graphical errors on the stage screen.  Everything else runs much better!

#64 2008-05-30 11:06:47 pm

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

Belated reply:
Stunt kids uses two different sprite tables, one for the top half and one for the bottom half.  It would be very hard to support this game.

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#65 2008-06-04 8:28:32 pm

Achilles

Hey, first off... love what you've done with PocketNES and Goomba... both of them have found a nice little home on my Micro.

I don't know if this is a known issue or not, but the game selection screen in PocketNES is all garbled at the top when played on either my EZ-Flash IV, or my M3CF, but not on VirtualBoy; also, it is not garbled at all in the last "official" version v9.98. This garbling doesn't happen on the in-game L+R menu. Hopefully this can be fixed or someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong :)

Thanks!

#66 2008-06-13 9:15:31 pm

WaverBoy

Hi all,

I'm new here.  A hearty hello to all of you!

I just put the new build on my GBA SP, and am having the same deal with the garbled-at-the-top game selection screen, when the last official build didn't have this problem.  Not a huge deal of course, just trying to help with the playtesting.  Thanks for all your hard work on this!  :-)

#67 2008-06-13 10:37:17 pm

morbid27

Thank You I am a fan!

#68 2008-06-20 10:35:35 am

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

Found out what was up with RC Pro AM PRG0:
At the split screen point, it clears the sprite tables using sprite DMA, then writes some new sprites to the OAM manually using some unrolled code.  This is bad NES programming technique on Rare's part.
PocketNES then uses the cleared sprite table to show all graphics, and pocketnes doesn't support manually adding sprites to the sprite table.

PRG1 was programmed much more sanely, and doesn't have any issues on pocketnes.

#69 2008-06-26 1:32:51 pm

Brad

Thanks so much for the heads up with wai wai world 2 (found a version that works), stunt kids and RC pro am.  Do you think at this point tecmo nba basketball is a lost cause?
thanks again for all your hard work, it is very much appreciated.

#70 2008-06-30 4:29:41 am

swxswx

"Tecmo NBA Basketball " not to  run !!!!!

#71 2008-07-27 8:06:53 pm

NoCashBob

Awesome work DW, I love the new BG Scaler. I am a fan of Scaled BG. Full OBJ mode, works much better than I would have thought! I love this newest build, it seems much more responsive to me.

Great work, and thanks for doing this, it's a great app to run when I'm on the run ^_^.

#72 2008-07-27 9:27:13 pm

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

Did you notice the new thread?

Last edited by Dwedit (2008-07-27 9:27:44 pm)

#73 2008-10-21 11:18:17 am

alterdimension

I have a problem, I have a g6 lite and have used pocketnes for two times, but after that whenever I try to use it again, it has werid name on it and then when I try to use it, it turns into a blank screen.  However, I have successfully used it twice, so why won't it work again?

#74 2011-01-05 1:38:08 am

Tiamat5774

Thanks for the new Pocketnes! I didn't even know that Magic of Sheharazade didn't work on 9.98 until I read the forums.  I have a few questions (if you are still giving answers).

I read somewhere the cheat finder was broken, but that was 2004 this is 2011.  Have you fixed the problem yet?

If so how do I use the cheat finder?

Are there any ready made codes?  Where can I find codes for the cheat finder?

#75 2011-01-05 5:36:35 am

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

For a few versions way back, I wasn't distributing memory correctly, so the cheat finder didn't have enough memory to start, now that problem should be gone.
If you need cheat codes, they are nothing more than RAM addresses, and replacement values.
DataCrystal, a romhacking site, may have some RAM addresses on there, look for the RAM Map page for a given game, but they're not a specialized cheat site.

#76 2011-01-05 8:37:45 pm

Tiamat5774

I am very grateful for the cheat finder for that was the main reason for downloading your pocketnes (the second reason being the MOS fix).  However there is VERY little info on the cheat finder and I need to know how to use it, more importantly what format of code to use.  I tried data crystal and the site only gave "offsets" which where in this format ( 0x00 ) where zero = a letter or number.  what is the "x" for?  When it comes to actually programming, I am a dunce.  Ive been spoiled by game sharks and action replays.  I need someone to spell it out to me and draw me a picture.  Is there anyone willing to help me out?  Do i need a hex editor?

#77 2011-01-06 5:48:20 am

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

0x is just a prefix people use to indicate that the next number is in Hexadecimal.
Try finding a few cheats yourself, for example, find the memory address for the number of lives remaining.  You can either find that one by value, then by new value, or find that one by seeing it decrease/stay equal each time you look at it.

#78 2011-01-06 3:10:29 pm

Tiamat5774

thanks a bunch.  and now that I look at it carefully, the cheat finder is much like the same thing GB gameshark uses to make customized codes ( the <.>, and = to value search).  I did find a few codes including the massive money code for Ultima Exodus.  So thanks for explaining the "x" thing.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer