Dwedit's Board

Enjoy the board

You are not logged in.

Announcement

User passwords may have been corrupted, if you can't log in, use the "Forgot Password" feature. If you still can't log in, contact me and I can try to manually reset your password.

#1 2012-10-02 4:26:44 am

The Doctor

Problem with GBA Movie Player firmaware update

Hello all.

I have an issue with the GBA Movie Player firmaware update. I udated from version .13 to .19 and it no longer works. Is there any way that I can fix this?

Thanks in advance.

For the record, it's the second version of the GBA MP that supprts CF cards.

#2 2012-10-02 8:03:55 am

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

Re: Problem with GBA Movie Player firmaware update

So it failed after you installed E19?
Did it say "Update FAILED!  This card is a FAKE!"
Does it make it to the red text 'This device isn't licensed' screen?
Does it even have a "Nintendo" logo during power on, and make it to the first black screen?

First just try ejecting it, then booting it again.  It's really finicky about how it boots, sometimes it won't work, other times it works fine.  Even try turning it off and on again rapidly a few times.  Maybe even try cleaning the contacts with isopropyl alcohol and a q-tip.

Try booting it without a CF card and see if it makes an error message.
Try reformatting your CF card, and throw update.E19 on there again, and see if it finds it.

Do you have any other devices to run code on a GBA or DS?  A GBA flash cartridge, multiboot cable, or even a Nintendo DS slot-1 device will help here.
If you have another flash device, you can run a tool that flashes a different boot block onto the GBAMP.  Either the PocketNES-in-firmware hack or the "FlashMP" hack for NDS will help here.

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#3 2012-10-02 3:31:18 pm

The Doctor

Nothing works. The Nintendo logo didn't show up at all before or after I tried all of this. Also, I have no other data devices for the GBA nor do I own a DS

#4 2012-10-02 4:02:50 pm

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

At this point, you need to borrow another flash device from someone who has one, buy another flash device, or send out the GBAMP to somebody else who has a flash device.

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#5 2012-10-02 6:58:46 pm

The Doctor

Can this be done with another movie player or do I need to get a flash cart?

#6 2012-10-02 8:46:34 pm

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

If you have another movie player that will run GBA files (multiboot roms), it will work.

#7 2013-08-02 3:40:18 am

SjoerdNintendoRetroFreak

I have the same problem, but I can't exchange it with another device, is there any hope? (I tried: GBA, GBA SP, NDS Lite)

I too thank you in advance

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer