Dwedit's Board

Enjoy the board

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome, fellow visitors from other websites!
Whenever you download a file, I'd appreciate it if you posted a nice "Thank You" message, then tell me which site you came from. Thanks.
- Dwedit

#61 2010-07-14 7:04:14 am

Bug report

Re: Goomba Color 3-31-2008

Hi,
today I used your Goomba Color to create a GBA game from a GB game.
I found an issue (using VisualBoyAdvance v1.7.2):
If you don't press any button on the GBA for a few minutes any game (that has been created using Goomba Color) crashes.
If you want to check it out by yourself, try the option "Options->Emulator->Speed up toggle" to speed things up.
Best regards, Frank

#62 2010-07-14 7:24:54 am

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

That's the automatic sleep mode feature.  Press Start+Select to wake it up.

And there is no "conversion", it just appends a GB file onto the end of the source GBA file.

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#63 2011-09-24 3:54:54 pm

Bubel

I was very eager to play in Trip World on GBA with Goomba but seems it`s have some problems - I noticed that opening scene is missing screen flashes (lighting strikes) and when villan attacks some old dude the screen goes black for few seconds. Game looks well but I`m afraid that maybe there will be some problems too. Tested on EU and Jap versions of roms, all avaliable versions of Goomba.
Thanks in advance if you could fix it.

#64 2012-11-09 12:35:00 am

jasonvoorhees

hello
I have the supercard sd and tried to find a way to play Resident Evil Gaiden but after putting the home screen the screen stays dark and the game does not work.
I await your response.

#65 2013-07-18 1:25:32 pm

Soulrazor

Hi i  came here from gbatemp and i downloaded goomba color for gba a few days ago, and for the only game i tried i loved it*

So  thank you for your hard efort into making this emulator suport alot more games that its goomba counterpart suports (being able to suport color games was what made me want to try it)

But the game i tried crashed at a point were other emulators for handhelds tend to crash ( the game is metal gear solid gbc).
The game crashes at the first time it uses the in game elevator. The same crash also existed on gameyob from drenn for nds. after reporting the bug posted on gbatemp that the game made some weird shenanigans "it jumps to an address using the contents of the wram bank register as one of its bytes".

Could it be the same problem?
if so correcting it would make a huge speedloss on the emulator? (from the looks at his repo he had an HL function replaced for a LL one).

Best regards.

#66 2013-09-20 3:42:57 am

Riccardo

Soulrazor wrote:

Hi i  came here from gbatemp and i downloaded goomba color for gba a few days ago, and for the only game i tried i loved it*

So  thank you for your hard efort into making this emulator suport alot more games that its goomba counterpart suports (being able to suport color games was what made me want to try it)

But the game i tried crashed at a point were other emulators for handhelds tend to crash ( the game is metal gear solid gbc).
The game crashes at the first time it uses the in game elevator. The same crash also existed on gameyob from drenn for nds. after reporting the bug posted on gbatemp that the game made some weird shenanigans "it jumps to an address using the contents of the wram bank register as one of its bytes".

Could it be the same problem?
if so correcting it would make a huge speedloss on the emulator? (from the looks at his repo he had an HL function replaced for a LL one).

Best regards.

I have the same issue with Metal Gear.... hope you can fix it!

#67 2016-09-02 1:08:11 am

nihlathak

First up, thank you for your continues support for this piece of software. You're doing a great job!

RetroBoy wrote:

Please don't take offense, I'm not putting your fine software down at all, I'm just curious if there is a technical or hardware related reason why Goomba can't load games from an accompanying directory on a suitable GBA flash device that would allow for it.?

I'm also very interested in as to why this is. I would assume it's something from the earlier GBA homebrew period.

#68 2016-12-26 5:20:14 am

TheSolidMidget

So.... Is this dead?
Need creator's help.
Pokemon Prism and Crystal anniversary isn't working with the transfer. Let alone Yellow and Crystal

#69 2016-12-26 1:27:59 pm

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

It's not dead until I stop reading bug reports and issues.
But there is no link cable functionality at all, and will never be.

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#70 2017-06-01 1:30:15 pm

kai2018new

Dwedit wrote:

Hello,

i don't know whether you are still alive. But I would like to donate for supporting the development of the emulator called goomba color. I very appreciate your work. I know that the program still isn't perfect. Some games have graphical errors. It would be absolutely wonderful if i could play Pokemon Crystal without any problems for example. I would like make a monthly donation to you in order to make it happen that you will continue the work on this amazing project.

Yours sincerely,

Kai Pinkes

#71 2018-08-19 11:51:11 am

Raul

Is there a way to run gombafront.exe on an android phone?

#72 2018-08-19 12:48:13 pm

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

You just need to stick one file onto the end of another.  That's all Goombafront does.

#73 2018-08-25 2:24:10 pm

edmaul69

i am trying to play bubble bobble for gb and it is unplayable as the graphics glitch on the first level. is this game still known as unplayable?

#74 2018-11-12 1:03:29 am

Aizeth

Hi! Dwedit! 1st of all I'm very grateful that you create goomba for us. It  is used in a lot of flash cart out there to play GB and GBC. I wish you can help pokemon crystal fans to play in your goomba as well as it is the only pokemon game that unable to play without and glitch and distortation. It is good to see that you still replying in 2018.

All the best!
if you could do an open donation, we will surely support you! ^^

Sincere Aizeth

#75 2020-01-14 7:51:29 pm

Espeon

The voltages don't match, and the timings are too tight, no way to link a GBA to a GBC.

I don't want to be the one to shout Objection but that's not true.
i. imgur. com / FJjfBEs. jpg (remove brackets before opening)
Various sources state it is possible, the only trick lies in

Just use a Gameboy pocket/color link cable. It'll work fine in the GBA, so long as it's running a GB/C game.

Using the second generation Link Cable aka designed for GameBoy Color (without the notch on the plug), it can connect at the very least GBC and GBA and should also be able to do so with two GBA as long as they run GB/GBC game.
Bulbapedia backs that as well

The Game Boy Advance and Game Boy Advance SP use the same link cable. A Game Boy Color link cable may be used with a Game Boy Advance, but it can only link GBC games, as GBA games require more bandwidth.

Finally the site that specializes in hardware stuff like that

2nd Game Link: Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance (8-bit) & Game Boy Advance SP (8-bit)

So with all that cleared, would you please consider attempting the Link Cable emulation in Goomba Color?

Thank you for advance and have a good day~

Espeon

#76 2020-01-15 9:53:42 am

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

Indeed, when you link a GBA running a GBC cartridge to another GBC/GBA running a GBC cartridge, it works.  That's because the system changes the voltage level for the cartridge and link port when it runs GB/GBC cartridges.

Won't work between GBA programs (Goomba Color) and GBC cartridges.

#77 2020-01-16 5:02:43 pm

Espeon

...ah, right Goomba Color is still considered as GBA program so GBA sets GBA stuff... *insert defeated sound here*

Then maybe one more idea, last resort I might even say :P
What if we would load, two Goomba Color on two GBA (aka two separate instances on two separate flashcards) ?
We would have GBA as console, GBA voltage as voltage and all that, wouldn't then in theory at least GBC Link Cable or GBA Link Cable work?

Thank you for advance and have a good day~

Espeon

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer