Dwedit's Board

Enjoy the board

You are not logged in.

Announcement

User passwords may have been corrupted, if you can't log in, use the "Forgot Password" feature. If you still can't log in, contact me and I can try to manually reset your password.

#1 2017-04-25 7:23:43 am

DK Fan

DKC GBC emulation

Hi, I posted last month about how Donkey Kong Country doesn't emulate accurately on Goomba Color due to sprite glitches. Will there be any fixes for this?

#2 2017-04-25 8:42:52 am

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

Re: DKC GBC emulation

Aside from incorrect palettes, I don't really see anything wrong with the game.  Care to post a screenshot of the glitches?

You are using the current builds of the emulator, right?  Not some really old version?

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#3 2017-04-25 7:56:01 pm

DK Fan

Yeah, it's only the incorrect palettes. Do you know what the issue is? And I'm using the latest: 12-12-2014 BETA

#4 2017-04-25 10:06:46 pm

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

Games on the GBC can change the palettes multiple times within a single frame.  This is used for things like the high-color trick where the palette is rewritten every scanline.

Goomba Color doesn't emulate that, it only supports one palette per frame.  (Even PocketNES eventually got support for multiple palettes, up to 4 per frame)

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#5 2017-04-29 7:21:09 am

DK Fan

Do you plan to add support for DKC GBC and fix the palette?

#6 2018-01-07 6:12:20 pm

DK Fan

Hi, it's almost been a year. Why hasn't there been a fix yet? How about for additional mapper support in PocketNES?

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer