Dwedit's Board

Enjoy the board

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome, fellow visitors from other websites!
Whenever you download a file, I'd appreciate it if you posted a nice "Thank You" message, then tell me which site you came from. Thanks.
- Dwedit

#1 2020-09-13 12:48:07 pm

Ceril

Stuttering

Hello!

I've been using Goomba Color on the EZ-Flash Omega to play Pokemon Yellow.
For some reason, there is a lot of stutter when playing the game. I double checked with Pokemon red that it wasn't an issue with the ROM. I tried downloading the Goomba color .gba emulator and the issue persisted with Pokemon Yellow patched in (not using the Flash Cart's goomba color).

I downloaded the original Goomba emulator v2.0 from 2004, and the stuttering did not appear in the game at all.

Is there any way to fix the stuttering? I'd prefer to use the Goomba Color emulator as it otherwise works better than the 2004 Goomba emulator.

Thank you

edit: Just to throw this in there, i'm using the EZ-Flash with an SP AGS-101, no modifications.

Last edited by Ceril (2020-09-13 12:59:23 pm)

#2 2020-09-13 6:39:47 pm

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

Re: Stuttering

Which version are you using?  Current version is the "Shantae Build" 12-14-14.  And when you say stuttering, what do you mean?  Do you mean when the game tries to play the "Pikachu" sound sample?  Are there framerate drops in places?

I just tested Pokemon Yellow in NO$GBA, and it's working fine, except for the sound samples.

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#3 2020-09-14 1:33:12 am

Ceril

The version when I press LR says “05-04-19”
It’s kind of hard to describe the issue, maybe stuttering isn’t the right word. But basically the screen sort of tears and there are white bars that’ll show up on the edges of the screen.

I uploaded a video here: https://imgur.com/a/1N7QfQc

You can see it off to the edge, it’s frequent enough to be noticeable anytime I’m inside a building, though in the open world it’s a little harder.

I’ll try the 12-14-14 build and see if it’s present there

#4 2020-09-14 6:18:10 pm

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

You want the newest version, I just remembered that I did release that update to fix save problems.

Those are called Scroll Glitches, and it looks like the original game doesn't have those.

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer