Dwedit's Board

Enjoy the board

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome, fellow visitors from other websites!
Whenever you download a file, I'd appreciate it if you posted a nice "Thank You" message, then tell me which site you came from. Thanks.
- Dwedit

#1 2021-03-10 4:00:29 pm

JayBee

Possible to fix Gimmick (JP) on PocketNES?

Hi there! Just got an Everdrive and started fiddling with it, and I wanted to try PocketNES since everyone says it's the premiere NES emulator for it. Seems like it works wonderfully, but I noticed Gimmick, one of my favorite games, is missing part of its audio. I'd imagine this is because the Sunsoft 5B extra audio hardware isn't being emulated. Is there a toggle or something I'm missing? If not, is it possible to add this functionality in?
It'd be much appreciated!

#2 2021-03-10 5:46:34 pm

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

Re: Possible to fix Gimmick (JP) on PocketNES?

PocketNES is already using up all the GBA's sound channels (square, digital/triangle, noise, PCM), so there's no easy way to add another sound channel.

In the meantime, there have been Rom Hacks to port the PAL version ("Mr Gimmick") back to NTSC.  There's also supposedly an NTSC prototype around too.

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#3 2021-03-11 1:50:55 pm

JayBee

Re: Possible to fix Gimmick (JP) on PocketNES?

Alright, awesome, thank you either way. Didn't know about the patch!
Also, throwing this out there for anyone who's interested, if you select RAM following and set the address to 0002, then it'll follow the player character. :)

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer