Dwedit's Board

Enjoy the board

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome, fellow visitors from other websites!
Whenever you download a file, I'd appreciate it if you posted a nice "Thank You" message, then tell me which site you came from. Thanks.
- Dwedit

#1 2021-11-23 5:41:25 pm

Peskyplumber

Pocketnes save states not working at all

I recently got an everdrive x5 mini. I had trouble with saving on gb/gbc/nes emulation and looking it up it seems i need to have a save for regular saving to work. The goomba save states work fine but in pocketnes i get to the save state screen and hit A where it says <new> and it backs out. If i try to open load state nothing happens. Ive tried looking into this issue and have found basically nothing so maybe im just overlooking something simple. Any feedback appreciated and dog bless

#2 2021-12-12 2:15:13 pm

raidenexp

Re: Pocketnes save states not working at all

Hello, I just got an everdrive X5 mini and have the same issue you just reported and didn't find anything about it.

I also try the L+R+Select+A at the same time, and the word "Saving" appeared on screen, but I can't load the save state.

If I go to SD card folder "G:\GBASYS\emusave" the save files the emulator created are there but still cannot load it to keep playing later.

Funny the date time are all the same for the files "23/08/2019 00:00"

By the way thanks for the emulator, I enjoy a lot playing on GBA screen, even with the smaller resolution, I always wanted to play NES on a Nintendo Portable Game Boy system.

#3 2021-12-17 11:08:17 am

raidenexp

Peskyplumber wrote:

I recently got an everdrive x5 mini. I had trouble with saving on gb/gbc/nes emulation and looking it up it seems i need to have a save for regular saving to work. The goomba save states work fine but in pocketnes i get to the save state screen and hit A where it says <new> and it backs out. If i try to open load state nothing happens. Ive tried looking into this issue and have found basically nothing so maybe im just overlooking something simple. Any feedback appreciated and dog bless

Hello Again, just like I said above I was having the same issue and the problem was solved, let me help you.

First thing first, just like me you probably download Pocketnes from some old source link, so go to this link https://www.dwedit.org/gba/pocketnes.php

And replace your old Pocketnes to this one re written by Dwedit I presume, and voila!

Now you are able to save state and reload latter just like every emulator.

Hope this helps!

#4 2022-01-30 11:40:36 am

Peskyplumber

thank you, i was worried id just have to put up with it

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer