Dwedit's Board

Enjoy the board

You are not logged in.

Announcement

User passwords may have been corrupted, if you can't log in, use the "Forgot Password" feature. If you still can't log in, contact me and I can try to manually reset your password.

#1 2021-12-23 6:35:08 am

raidenexp

PocketNES with new IPS Screen

Hello.

When the pocketnes was written the GBA system was the original screen with 240 × 160 pixels (3:2 aspect ratio) and the Nes 256x240

But nowadays we can replace the original screen by new one IPS, they have a higher resolution but keep the same proportions.

Thinking about the advantage of higher resolution IPS screen 480x360, there's a way to make pocketnes games fit better on the ISP Screen?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpeGJWj640U&t=215s

Is it possible to include on screen option of pocketnes emulator a new resolution for the IPS to fit the entire NES game?

Thanks

#2 2021-12-23 8:09:42 am

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

Re: PocketNES with new IPS Screen

I don't believe the GBA can generate any more than 160 scanlines.  Any screen mods will be tapping the signal that the GBA is generating, and there's no way for a GBA program to request more scanlines.

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#3 2021-12-25 3:32:29 pm

raidenexp

Re: PocketNES with new IPS Screen

I think got it, even with a screen with a higher resolution the system itself doesn't support more than 160 scanlines right?

That's ok, thanks for the quick reply and Merry Christmas.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer