Dwedit's Board

Enjoy the board

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome, fellow visitors from other websites!
Whenever you download a file, I'd appreciate it if you posted a nice "Thank You" message, then tell me which site you came from. Thanks.
- Dwedit

#1 2022-01-04 1:34:09 pm

Machimo

Getting my .sav file to load on my ez Flash

Hi,

after finally managing to get my save file to work on goomba on PC i was curious if there is a way to get it to work on my ez flash.

#2 2022-01-04 3:07:44 pm

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

Re: Getting my .sav file to load on my ez Flash

I'd guess you'd just put the emulator's save file (for Goomba) on there, replacing the other save file.

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#3 2022-01-04 5:00:56 pm

Machimo

Ty for the fast reply. I already tried that didnt work for me :/

#4 2022-01-05 7:33:51 am

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

I simply do not have this exact flash cartridge model, so I can't post exact instructions that work.

If this is like the M3 and uses an SD card, there should be a save file saved onto the card.  This save file should work with Goomba running on a PC emulator.  It might have a different file extension.  It might even have junk data before or after the actual save data.  It will probably be for an individual game rather than for the whole emulator.

I don't know what save RAM size the cartridge uses, it could be 64K, it could be 32K.
If it properly does 64K saves, everything should go well, but only if it does 64K saves properly.

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#5 2022-01-05 8:21:17 am

Machimo

Apparantly my flash card only generates 32kb save files for the game and my own save file is 64kb. I guess thats why it wont work is there any workaround to that?

#6 2022-01-05 9:47:32 am

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

Search around topics for EZ Flash to see how to force the game to use a 64K save file.  I don't have the cartridge, I don't have the software for it, I don't know what the procedure is to generate 64K save files.  If you figure it out, please post a link to the thread that had the information you used.

Goomba is probing the size of the actual RAM chip to see if it's 64K or 32K.  Some flash cartridge software will only save the first 32K of that 64K save chip, then discard the rest.  We want it to save all 64K, not just the first 32K.

I could make a special build of Goomba Color to force it to never use anything bigger than 32K if everything else fails.

#7 2022-01-06 2:51:35 pm

Machimo

Tried finding posts about didnt really find anything. Not the end of the world tho. Thank you for your time :)

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer