Dwedit's Board

Enjoy the board

You are not logged in.

Announcement

User passwords may have been corrupted, if you can't log in, use the "Forgot Password" feature. If you still can't log in, contact me and I can try to manually reset your password.

#1 2009-02-09 5:53:11 pm

alterdimension

game genie

Hello all.  I  am new here.  My question is this, I have tried to use hoe's rom hacker (like game genie) and I tried all kinds of pocketnes versions and it still will not work.  It gives the errors, this isn't supported or you must register these dlls, I have tried and tried but it will not work.  I don't know how to use the cheat numbers like you must start with number zero,  I don't know how to use the code for game ganie and probably never figure it out.  Is there a certain way to get hoe's game hacker?

#2 2009-02-09 6:03:30 pm

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

Re: game genie

For game genie codes, I recommend you use FCEUXD or FCEUX, which tell you which ROM addresses would be affected by a game genie code, then use a hex editor to apply the codes.
Avoid 6 letter game genie codes for anything with more than 32K of PRG.  6 letter codes are very violent, and often change more things than they should.  Try to find 8 letter codes.

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#3 2009-02-11 11:47:26 am

alterdimension

Sorry, but can someone help me by showing how to do this step by step. I have no knowledge or no how to do this. Any help would be appreciated

#4 2009-02-16 10:28:19 am

alterdimension

Hello.  I was wodering if there is a way to use hoes game genie device to work.  it gives you game genie like effects.  Everytime i tried to use it it gives me a bunch of errors.  Is there any way to make it work, because i love using it.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer