Dwedit's Board

Enjoy the board

You are not logged in.

Announcement

User passwords may have been corrupted, if you can't log in, use the "Forgot Password" feature. If you still can't log in, contact me and I can try to manually reset your password.

#1 2013-07-11 4:51:30 pm

animedude

Custom pallete and border

This might be a long shot, but I was wondering if anyone could help me add some custom palletes to Goomba Color. I have created a custom pallet for the Mega Man games. I have the colors I want to use, in hex, but I dont' know how to apply them. I've tried to use Kuwanger's editor but still can't  get the hang of it. I'd also like to add a custom border, which is also mega man themed, and some other color palletes based on the different types of game boys.  Any help would be appreciated. Here's a snapshot of what I'm hoping to achieve.

Attachments:
Attachment Icon MEGA MAN palette test color.PNG, Size: 8,160 bytes, Downloads: 136

#2 2013-08-01 5:36:46 pm

Lemmy Koopa

Re: Custom pallete and border

I would love if Goomba Color had the ability for boarders and custom boarders again, custom palettes too, like the Super Goomba build.

#3 2017-08-31 12:07:52 am

Mr_Democracy

I would also like this. Super Mario Land has the wrong color pallete on Goomba Color.

Original:
Original
Goomba Color:
Goomba Color

#4 2017-08-31 4:59:09 am

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

That's a desaturation filter applied by the emulator, designed to make the colors washed out to simulate a GBC screen.  While Goomba Color is showing the actual RGB values used.
It just happens that there does exist GBC-compatible hardware that would show the bright poppy colors, how does it look on the backlit version of the GBA-SP?

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer