Dwedit's Board

Enjoy the board

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome, fellow visitors from other websites!
Whenever you download a file, I'd appreciate it if you posted a nice "Thank You" message, then tell me which site you came from. Thanks.
- Dwedit

#31 2007-03-21 2:29:57 pm

damaldon

Re: Goomba Color Alpha Testing

slot-1 card goomba port?... plzzzzzz slot-1 card users need your excelent emu.

#32 2007-03-31 4:42:31 pm

Arkansaw

Hi, as you might already know, some carts like ez3 defaults to having only 32k saves for homebrews and other unknown roms. Strangely enough, some games still work with their save files truncated, but some will have conflicts and overwrite each other for unknown reasons (even for single game compilations that really should use no more than 32k for saves). It seems that the game will write/access the entire 64kb (or more) of the save area, but the loader will only save the first 32k. Currently the only near-perfect workaround is to load another dummy file that has a save of 64kb (i.e. flash 512k), to write the whole 64k by means of manual load/save.

Although this clearly isn't your fault, could you possibly throw in a setting to choose between save sizes of 32/64kb?

#33 2007-04-08 7:21:00 pm

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

New version built on older code.  Speeds up stack manipulation.  Fixes a crash bug from DK.  Look at first post in the thread.

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#34 2007-04-09 2:18:37 pm

darkcl12

i tried goomba and goomba test build 1,2,3 but but zelda wont show or is too slow(takes almost 10sec to load each frame).goomba test build wont work on my ds.Help please!

#35 2007-04-10 7:09:50 am

retrohead

Dwedit wrote:

New version built on older code.  Speeds up stack manipulation.  Fixes a crash bug from DK.  Look at first post in the thread.

Awesome work Dwedit! Hoping this one will save on EZFlash V 3-in-1. I smell a DS version in the works :P

#36 2007-04-10 11:34:36 am

nyuk1998

Excellent job, Dwedit.  Now more games working.

#37 2007-04-10 11:38:21 am

BOZENN

i expect better sgb support rather than a ds version.
bomberman gb series and some other sgb roms wont start or have major problems.
i respect your great work. thanks for your support

#38 2007-04-10 1:30:26 pm

tekno

HI, it works ok in the supercard mini sd with fw 1.7, zeldas, pokemons , and dragon warrior monster ok, donkey 94 ok, you have done a great job.
My question is: are you working on a link method? or isn't in any way possible?( goomba link goomba with two flash cards or Original game link with goomba)

this would be great , for play zelda oos vs ooa, or for play pokemons

best
regards

tekno.

Colombia

#39 2007-04-13 5:20:08 am

Deluxe23

i have a nintendoDS Lite with a SuperCard.
sorry for my bad english, i'm german.
i've tested goomba. use the frontend (from goomba 2.3) insert zelda and wario land and create a gba file.
i load this file into the supercard patch program and this create a *.gba, *.sav and *.sci file.
i put this 3 files on my sdcard and start the NDSlite with supercard zelda works, wario, too.
when i save a game(NOT save sate - this won't work) it works but wenn i go back to SC menu (L+R+Start+Select) and use another game like nds game or other  and then load again goomba there is no savegame.
when i start goomba go back to sc menu(it shows:goomba color in card) an start it again, the savegame exists, but when i play another game it will be erease, but why???
i hope anybody can help me. i want to save in waioland and zelda

sorry for my bad english
thank you

Last edited by Deluxe23 (2007-04-13 5:53:51 am)

#40 2007-04-13 11:11:29 am

BOZENN

its a supercard problem.
ask it on supercard forums

#41 2007-04-15 6:35:03 am

BrianC

I used the newest build and Donkey Kong still crashes for me. I'm using a M3 CF. Am I doing something wrong?

#42 2007-04-15 11:46:13 pm

Deluxe23

where can i find supercard forums ?
can anybody help me with my problem please :)

#43 2007-04-17 12:56:30 pm

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

New build...

Major changes since the last build is that plenty of code got rewritten.  Many off-by-one-scanline graphical errors were corrected.  Since so much code was rewritten, may possibly be buggy.

* Adjusted timing code, Many off-by-one scanline errors were fixed.  Notably in Zelda oracles, Super Mario Land, Dragon Warrior 3, etc.
* Rewrote scanline-buffer code.  Properly supports split windows, fixes Oracle of Ages intro, Donkey Kong, etc.  Faster too.  Also fixed bugs where window was displayed one scanline too far down.
* Double Speed = Timers now doubles length of vblank period when the GBC uses double speed.  Fixes glitches in Balloon Fight GB.

Last edited by Dwedit (2007-04-17 1:03:00 pm)

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#44 2007-04-18 2:31:32 pm

BOZENN

hi Dwedit,

in new build there are graphical glitches at the start of each level of donkey kong
bomberman gb3 and wario blast duke nukem does not start
r type dx is slow
and also can you fix the cannon fodder
these are the best games that have problems

tnx for your good work

#45 2007-04-18 2:34:02 pm

BOZENN

oh and one thing i reliazed very important
the girl in donkey kong does not scream. can you fix it also

#46 2007-04-18 2:48:33 pm

Spike

Thanks for your continuing work on this great emulator.
Most of the games I have tried on the latest build run well.
I only have one game that has a graphical glitch. Monster Max [EU][300B1D2D].gb This is a 3D isometric game ala knightlore on the spectrum.
The game starts with a full screen Titus Logo.  On pressing the A button to start the game the bottom half of the logo still remains on the screen. even pressing the map screen button during gameplay doesn't clear the screen.
I know this is a bit of a niche title but its one of my all time favs. It would be cool if I could play it again on the DS.
Keep up the good work.

#47 2007-04-18 3:28:49 pm

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

BOZENN wrote:

hi Dwedit,

in new build there are graphical glitches at the start of each level of donkey kong
bomberman gb3 and wario blast duke nukem does not start
r type dx is slow
and also can you fix the cannon fodder
these are the best games that have problems

tnx for your good work

Donkey Kong uses the SGB Mask feature to freeze the screen as it writes data to the gameboy's screen.  This is not yet completely supported, so it displays the intermediate garbage.
When you experience slow speed in a GBC game, always first try changing "Double Speed" to "Timers" instead of "Full", that forces the emulator to run the game in half speed mode, which takes half the processing requirements, and runs twice as fast.
Duke Nukem has no problems, check your rom.

BOZENN wrote:

oh and one thing i reliazed very important
the girl in donkey kong does not scream. can you fix it also

When Donkey Kong is run in Super Game Boy mode, the game uploads sound effects sample data to the SNES, and the SNES plays the sound effects using its SPC700 chip.  Donkey Kong is one of the few games to use that feature.  Goomba Color doesn't emulate this at all.  If you disable SGB support, the girl will scream just like on a Game Boy or Game Boy Color.

#48 2007-04-18 3:55:16 pm

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

Spike wrote:

Thanks for your continuing work on this great emulator.
Most of the games I have tried on the latest build run well.
I only have one game that has a graphical glitch. Monster Max [EU][300B1D2D].gb This is a 3D isometric game ala knightlore on the spectrum.
The game starts with a full screen Titus Logo.  On pressing the A button to start the game the bottom half of the logo still remains on the screen. even pressing the map screen button during gameplay doesn't clear the screen.
I know this is a bit of a niche title but its one of my all time favs. It would be cool if I could play it again on the DS.
Keep up the good work.

I'll look into this one.

#49 2007-04-19 12:48:39 pm

BOZENN

tnx for answers

#50 2007-04-20 9:58:42 am

strongesthylian

When I was trying to play Pokemon Gold, I started a new game, and when I was in the first room, as soon as I hit DPAD Right, the game would restart and it would be in weird colors. I'm using an M3 Perfect Compact Flash. It's basically impossible to continue on with the game.
I tried running it with Visual Boy Advance, and everything works okay.
Any idea?

#51 2007-04-20 11:37:34 am

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

Upgrade your M3 firmware.  Sometime after update E10, all GBA files got corrupted after loading them.  The very newest firmware no longer has that issue.

#52 2007-04-20 1:16:48 pm

strongesthylian

Dwedit wrote:

Upgrade your M3 firmware.  Sometime after update E10, all GBA files got corrupted after loading them.  The very newest firmware no longer has that issue.

I have the latest firmware: E32.

FW4 White DS with FlashMe v7
M3CF with 1GB SanDisk CF
Friend Codes

#53 2007-04-20 6:09:37 pm

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

Figured out the bug with Monster Max, the emulator was ignoring all stack writes to VRAM 9000-9FFF, leaving the Titus Logo unchanged, despite the game writing new graphics over it.  Long lasting bug, the bug first appeared when emulator changed from Goomba to Goomba Color.

Last edited by Dwedit (2007-04-20 6:16:11 pm)

#54 2007-04-21 3:10:41 am

Deluxe23

where can i get supercard support?
i love goomba, and i want to use the new version with my DS and can sav
pleeeease help me!

#55 2007-04-23 6:24:52 am

Spike

Dwedit wrote:

Figured out the bug with Monster Max, the emulator was ignoring all stack writes to VRAM 9000-9FFF, leaving the Titus Logo unchanged, despite the game writing new graphics over it.  Long lasting bug, the bug first appeared when emulator changed from Goomba to Goomba Color.

Superb! Thanks for squashing that bug. It'll be great to play this classic game on my DS.
Once again thanks for your continuing stella work on this emulator.

#56 2007-04-25 11:37:03 am

BOZENN

dwedit,  is there any fix for cannon fodder gbc?

#57 2007-04-26 1:49:25 pm

Gausen

Hi, im new here so: Hello everybody. Special thanks to Dwedit for keeping up Goomba.
Now the bothering time. I dont know if it is a bug, but when playing Kof95 and Kof96(heat of battle) with SGB borders and colors, seems that input doesnt work for any button. Something like that goes for Killer Instinct, the input work, but its recognized like player 2 input. I remember using this feature on snes with the second joypad.
Is possible that for the Kof roms the input is also recognized as Player 2? I remember that P2 input on snes SGB with Kof95 woked only during fights (and character select) and not on menus. Hope this helps in some way.

I forgot to mention that controls work OK in GB mode (meaning that work with Kof's  and as P1 with KI).

Last edited by Gausen (2007-04-27 3:28:43 pm)

#58 2007-04-27 10:15:55 am

Diego

There is an slot-1 version? I have a M3 Simply, and i want to play games like DBZ Legendary Super Warriors.
Sorry, i'm not speak english very well, I'm spanish. Dwedit, please, work on the slot-1 port!!!!

#59 2007-04-28 3:44:31 am

PeterSmith

I was so surprised to see that GBC games are still possible to play even on a NDS lite ... but I was so sadly despressed after I've seen that Pokemon Crystal isn't working well, so I still have to play it with my old GBA :-(((
I own a SuperCard with a SuperKey DS, but also I can't use Goomba if the SuperKey DS is inserted... will this be changed in the future ?
Is there a small chance that Pokemon Crystal will work in the future ?

Regardless of the above mentioned points, thank you for your work !

#60 2007-04-28 6:48:49 am

nyuk1998

Must be something with a DS Lite.  I have an original DS, Supercard, and a Superkey.  Most games work pretty well, with exception of the 4mb games.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer