Dwedit's Board

Enjoy the board

You are not logged in.

Announcement

User passwords may have been corrupted, if you can't log in, use the "Forgot Password" feature. If you still can't log in, contact me and I can try to manually reset your password.

#1 2008-10-01 9:10:14 pm

Philip

Goomba Color and Pogoshell

Hello, i'm trying to use goombacolor_3_31_2008 with pogoshell-2.0b3-mod5-beta5.7.
I've copied "goomba_mb.gba" into "\root\.shell\plugins" directory and have renamed as "goombac.mb".
Then i've added "gbc 2 goombac.mb 1" in the filetypes section of pogo.cfg.

Building the pogoshell rom and testing with VBA, it seem roms aren't loaded by the emulator,
anyway i can open the menu with L+R and exit back to pogoshell.

Any suggestion?

#2 2008-10-01 10:04:50 pm

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

Re: Goomba Color and Pogoshell

It is no longer a multiboot program, so don't rename it to .mb.

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

#3 2008-10-02 2:57:10 pm

Philip

Using "goomba.gba" as a plugin the program does not start at all, Pogoshell simply reboot.
The latest Pogoshell-compatible version i've tested is 1-13-08.
Could you restore the multiboot functionality?

#4 2008-10-02 8:19:59 pm

Dwedit
Administrator
Website

Are you even using a compatible flash cartridge?  Pogoshell is really only intended for the F2A or XROM, and maybe a couple other cartridges.  If your cartridge is incompatible, it can't run non-multiboot programs, and can't use its save system which creates individual save files for everything.  It just becomes a glorified Multiboot Menu type program.  There is also a specially compiled version of VBA that comes with pogoshell, which simulates a compatible cartridge.

The reason I switched from multiboot to nonmultiboot was basically because games crashed while saving because I ran out of RAM.

I just built a new multiboot version with Pogoshell functionality restored, but it looks like it's broken right now.  I'll go fix it...

"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button pressing overlord."

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer